Monday, July 11, 2011

that one time my bestie came to visit me in socal. and it was awesome.

so my bff sarah... she's awesome. and i love her. and she loves me. and we are a happy family. jk. but really. she's the best of the best. she is the troy to my abed, the rachel to my monica, the jon to my stephen. 
her and her sister hannah came down and stayed with me for a couple days and played and ate and, oh yeah, saw the kooks. 
and it was freaking bomb.
the la temple! so pretty, it totally caught us off guard.
the kooks... were amazing. and it was so fun to see them live and to see them with sarah. the kooks are to sarah as the killers/brandon flowers are to me. so... yeah. kind of a big deal.
i had work off the next day so we slept in, had a yummy breakfast courtesy of mike and amy, packed up and headed down to carlsbad to hang out with my dad and hit up the beach. it was a win on all accounts.
most massive fish taco of my life.
just iphonin' it up on the beach. #webecool
having sarah and hannah visit me was the perfect way to finish up my birthday and my first week out here. i honestly don't know what i would have done if they were there to balance out all the change. probably would have drown away my sorrows with root beer and peanut m&m's. good thing that didn't happen...

2 comments:

Anna Matkin Hayes said...

fun fun fun. soooo....i LOVE the kooks. i also love southern california/you so we should maybe meet up sometime?? i dunno. just a thought. love love.

Megan said...

How fun!!!! How would you feel if I were to show up at your doorstep sometime in the next month?? ;)