Friday, March 5, 2010

just because we didn't meet early in life doesn't mean we're not meant for each other.

my favorite band of all time is the killers. when i first heard their single somebody told me i was like this is cool but whatevs . then i heard (and subsequently became obsessed with) mr. brightside which is hands down my favorite song of all time to this day. i have all of their songs (almost. i think.) and every couple months i go through a killers cleansing, listening to them and only them for a week or two.
the lead singer, brandon flowers, has my heart. he is definitely in my top five, maybe even top three celebrities i would choose to meet. i love everything about him. his hair, his face, his voice, his style, his values, his songwriting. everything.
his mother died a few weeks ago after a two year battle with a brain tumor. so so sad. he wrote this song for/about her (which also references his dad being converted to the lds religion) and it is amazing, one of my favorite killers songs.
i found this video via my friend leslie and her lovely blog. she wrote a beautiful post about it here. i love this performance. so much emotion. brandon, this one's for you.

2 comments:

JB said...

Wanna hear something great? I meant to tell you this forever ago, but I kept on forgetting. Anyways, my uncle saw me wearing my concert-t and he told me that he's friends with the Killers' manager! I told him to hook me up, but he just made a small chuckle...

Bridget said...

i loove mr. brightside and definitely had a huge crush on brandon flowers for a time.