Wednesday, February 20, 2013

table for one.

i went to olive garden for lunch today with the endless soup and salad and breadstick special in my heart and as i sat there by myself i started to think of the wonderfully confident woman i have become.

sometimes this confidence in myself is shown very publicly, like eating at a busy restaurant on my own or wearing that bright pink lipstick. other ways are minuscule, yet not less significant, in that they are proof to myself and myself only how far i have come.

and this is a nice feeling.

to realize i've got my back. that no matter what, i will be there for me, come hell or high water. that i can decide who i am, who i was, and who i want to become. to make note of what i like and what i do not. to decide to be true to myself no matter what. because if you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?

4 comments:

Li-Sha said...

ahhh i love this! in high school, i decided to stop caring what others thought- not in an apathetic way, but in a 'be happy with yourself' way. i was totally out of my comfort zone at times but it was worth it. :)

Steph said...

I miss you. I love you. You're sexy. And I need your email address!

Sarah said...

love this. love you!

Lauren said...

Did you like that book?!?? I am on the hunt for more things to read.

And I, too, love taking myself on dates.