Friday, April 29, 2011

news.

as in a have some. which isn't a normal occurrence because my life usually consists of work, school and sleep [and i guess the occasional brandon flowers concert]. anyway. i have some news...

i got a human resources internship with the city of long beach in the parks and recreation department!

i am so so SO excited about this. i have been worrying about getting an internship for forever and have working toward this internship for a couple months now and i finally got it! all the worry and self doubt can subside, pump up talks and inspirational quotes on my wall [yes, i went there] did their job in keeping my hopes alive and i did it! look at me now.

so, i will be living in sunny socal starting mid june. my college experience and actual real life will slowly begin to merge and i will gain the experience i need to enter the 'real' world for good when i graduate [in december!]. plus i get to live by my family that i never get to see! win win win.

a huge thank you to my aunt amy who helped me through the process of applying and to everyone who kept my spirits up when i had a serious lack of self confidence. i couldn't have done this alone!

and in case you were wondering what long beach is like:
in the words of my friend anna [who will also be in la during summer for her internship]: 
HEYO!

3 comments:

Megan said...

OH MY GOSH AHLIN YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! THATS SO EXCITING!!!! I'M SO JEALOUS!!! AND YES, THIS IS SO COOL IT DEFINITELY WARRANTS AN ALL CAPS COMMENT ;)

Katie Marie said...

HOORAY!!! You rock! :)

Arrington's said...

um why did you not mention this?!? I blabbed for an hour today and you didn't say anything! Never the less Congratulations...actually no, I secretly was hoping you wouldn't get it so you would come here instead. There, I said it.
P.S I'm still mad at you about you know what...not the easter egg hunt the other thing