first time: 2005. park city. my snowboard instructor sister taught me. five stars for best learning situation ever.
second time: 2006. brianhead. i went off a jump and loved it. went off again, a tad too fast. freaked out, fell and blacked out, got taken down in a mummy bag sled of shame. four stars for taking a jump my second time.
third time: 2007. brianhead. first two runs i hated snowboarding. third run i remembered why i love it. three stars for not facing the jump again and getting the worst sunburn ever right before seeing zac efron.
- my instructor's name is joe. and he said gnarly within the first five minutes.
- i don't know what joe looks like, due to the reflective goggles.
- apparently i can't ride heel side anymore to save my life.
- apparently i'm the only one in the group who can't ride heel side.
- joe now calls me toe side.
- i need to lift weights or something if i want to ever do more than two runs a day.
- going to yoga after was the best post snowboarding decision ever.
- nature is kind of extremely pretty.