Saturday, March 13, 2010

let us be in love.


sarahmaines and i are bringing back the 70's. don't even worry about it.
my family came in town for their spring break (which i guess i'm counting as mine? silly byu and their no spring break deal) so last night my snister gina and sarahmaines and i went to 'remember me'.

here i start my rob soapbox. you can stay if you'd like, lover or hater.
i'm not gonna lie. when gina called me at work in december of 2007 and told me the cedric from harry potter was going to represent my edward cullen, i was nothing short of shocked. i had to readjust and accept this news, but i'm a pretty laid back and accepting person so it didn't take too long. now, less than three years later (wow i feel like it's been longer) i am completely faithful by his side.
don't you fret. i am not a jacob/taylor hater. in fact, i had taylor in mind for jacob from the get go, i just thought he was too young (i kept thinking sharkboy). but boy was i proven wrong. if he isn't the essence of gorgeous adolescence, i honestly don't know what is. and i used to not be the biggest fan of jacob either, but after reading the series a second time, i got over that silliness quickly. that being said though, i am still an edwarder (is that a term i can use?).
but. i am not here to talk about edward (though we all know i easily could. for a very very long time). i am here to talk about robert pattinson. contrary to popular belief, they are not the same person. shocking, i know. it is actually sad that people always revert back to twilight when they think of rob since it's gotten such a bad rap (for what reason, i don't know).
i am here to tell you that rob is a great actor. yes. it's true. he did so great in 'remember me'. and before that i saw him in 'how to be', also really great. so please. give him a chance. it's not completely his fault that he will forever be seen as edward (which should be a good thing, i don't know why it's not).
and on account of his looks. i think he is to die for. it's ok if you don't. but don't blame his pictures (i'm talking to you jessica mains). i don't know about you but i look weird in about 80% of my pictures, they just don't show up all over the world.
p.s. you might not know this about me (yet) but i have a thing for hair. it's kind of overpowering. let's just say that i love rob's hair so much it's painful that i can't run my fingers through it. i literally feel pain. true story.
below, my personal favorite.
how can you not love this goodness?!
don't worry, i'm all for differing opinions. that's just how we humans are. it's when people think that their way is the only way, the right way when i can get... perturbed.
tell me your thoughts!
love this one too. have i mentioned that i have a woman crush on kristen stewart (please don't get weirded out by that statement)? well i do. but that's for another post...

6 comments:

Mary Dalrymple said...

wow, i am loving these pictures of robert pattinson! i completely agree, his hair is amazing. and i like the term "edwarder"

Rachel said...

AHHHHH LOVE. Done.

Anonymous said...

i have yet to see Remember Me but I have seen the others and of course Twlight and I am inclined to agree with you. after seeing him in countless interviews he has an appeal that far out ways his looks... he is so awkward and self deprecating and for me that is a major turn on. I think he will continue to prove to the naysayers that he is not just a pretty face.

Emma Jade said...

I'm totally in love with him as edward but id settle for robert :p
It's the jaw! that jaw is just perfect.. especially in this one
http://www.truetwilight.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/robert-pattinson.jpg

Nooooo not kristen stewart! She drives me crazy.. not in a good way!

do you have twitter hun?

xxxxxxxxxxx

Micaela said...

oh i can go to bed happy now with dreams of Robert Pattinson! WOW.

did you get the Details mag yet?!?!!? what an interview....

and the girl crush on K Stewart? really? hmmm... well she did grow on me with "new moon" but she's still off somehow.... can't wait to be convinced in your upcoming post! LOL xo

Lauren Nicole said...

My God. I AM in love with this post, you were correct! It's weird, because I feel like I was reading my own thoughts and feelings.

I could rant and rave about Edward Cullen, but when it comes down to it- he is merely a fictional character. What I really am ranting about is Rob. And it's funny how so many people refer to him as Edward. Like, okay.. That was a movie. His talent goes beyond being Edward and I feel sometimes people miss that. I love him.. In Twilight but in Remember Me as well. I thought he did phenom.

And the hair. It pains me too, girl. I just wanna stroke it. haha. Gah, my boyfriend would die if he saw this post. He already knows that Rob is my celeb crush. He just rolls his eyes at me now.

Anyway, great blog. I give it 5 stars. haha.

xoxo