Monday, December 14, 2009

this christmas

This Christmas, mend a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.
Write a letter.
Give a soft answer. Encourage youth.
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.
Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge.
Forgive an enemy.
Apologize. Try to understand.
Examine your demands on others.
Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle.
Laugh a little more.
Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
Speak your love and then speak it again.

Howard W. Hunter
McCalls Magazine, December 1959

3 comments:

Haley said...

Thanks for reminding me what's important this season! No one needed ot hear that more than me.

Love you. xoxoxo

Rodriguez's said...

I love love love it! You are amazing. I miss having your creative abilities at my beckon call. I am so excited to see you. Come to momma pumpkin!

Lula. said...

That is one of my all time favorites. That was on my blog last year! Great minds think alike! ;)