Thursday, May 6, 2010

that's cool i guess.

dear embarrassing situations.
i would like to thank you for not gracing me with your presence 24/7. really, that is very thoughtful of you. but, i mean, to show your face three times in one day... that just catches me off guard, you know? i guess i still can't decide if i would like to have your visits spread out or get them over with all together.
let's just take a little looksy at yesterday's [mis]haps:
  1. i rode my scooter to work. and since utah is having a hard time making weather decisions right now, the freezing wind made my eyes water and subsequently water to smear my mascara. but of course i proceeded to walk into the office, say hi to my boss (who asked how i was doing) and clock in before going into the bathroom and discovering the raccoon, i've-been-bawling-my-eyes-out-all-night look. that's cool.
  2. i found a check in my planner (definitely a good thing) so i proceeded to deposit it in the wells fargo atm at the wilk. i then proceeded to walk away. without my debit card. but if that wasn't cool enough, when i went in to cancel it and order a new one, the bankerman recognized me from when he reordered me a debit card last summer when i left it in the wilk. very cool if you ask me.
  3. went to buy my iron man ticket (with my credit card). i have been putting this off and all my friends have their's already. so i go to buy it and the kid gives me a look and says "just one?" in a moment of weakness i say "uh... no i need two..." no i don't. i don't need two tickets. eff.
so, embarrassing situations, you haven't tainted my awesome rep too badly and haven't shown up unexpectedly and horrifyingly. but let's just say yesterday's events were enough for me to look back on my day confused and in awe at it's randomness.

later, ahlin

p.s. do you think you could take it easy on my friend rachel? she seems to get the brunt of it all the time.

6 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

oh my gosh!
those are some serious mishaps!
i am so forgetful too! but i can't believe you paid for an extra ticket!!! that a big 10 BUCKS! ahhaa. next time that happens you should just say something snappy back.. like wait you work at a movie theater? haha.

Alyssa said...

oh gosh what a day...
but seriously life would be so boring without embarrassing moments- they are fantastic stores :)

Emma Jade said...

all in one day!! Naughty embarrassments!
But you ride a scooter so that makes you instantly cool!
xxx

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

My-my-my...what a day!!!
Relaxing weekend I hope~
xo

Arrington's said...

Poor Poor girl. By far the funniest one is that you bought two movie tickets. That would have never have dawned on me to be embarrassed until you said it...now I'm stressing at all the nerdy things I do and don't even realize?!?!

Hannah Emily said...

atleast you didn't hit a car during your drivers test...oops.

sarah informed me that she wants to see Remember Me with you and me in the $ theater soon.we totally should.