Sunday, February 15, 2009

vvvvvvvvvvv day!!!!!!!!!

valentine's day. one of the most loved and loathed days of the year. i personally love it, even though i've never had a 'special someone' on that day. but, i dont think that's what it is totally about. i think it is good to contemplate the magic and mysteries of love.
LOVE has always boggled my mind. most people who know me know that i love love more than almost anything else. i love watching it, hearing about it, witnessing it, pretty much anything to do with it. that may be why i love to watch movies so much. whether it's high school musical and sleepover or p.s. i love you and a walk to remember, the love in them always makes me so happy and curious. i've never been in love but i figure that if there are so many movies and songs and books and pieces of literature about love, then there has to be something good about it...
here are some quotes that make me love love even more:

~ what value will there be in life if we are not together? ~ becoming jane

~ I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. ~ pride & prejudice

~ Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. ~ love actually

~ But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this. ~ love actually

~ When love is for the highest bidder, there can be no trust. Without trust, there can be no love. ~ moulin rouge

~ Love is like oxygen! Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love! ~ moulin rouge

Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything. ~ new moon

~So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. ~ the notebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot this one:

"Every time you said 'Farm Boy do this' you thought I was answering 'As you wish' but that's only because you were hearing wrong. 'I love you' was what it was, but you never heard, and you never heard."

- Westley, The Princess Bride

PWNT

ahlin said...

you look at my blog?

yeah that one is pretty good. good thing i have the book at my fingertips to look up magnificent quotes at my every whim.